The Super Eagles captain has said he was not told prior to not being picked for the World Cup qualifier against the Harambee Stars in Calabar last month
Joseph Yobo has said he felt ‘disrespected’ by Stephen Keshi for not being told that he would not be called up for last month’s 2014 World Cup qualifying match against Kenya which ended 1-1 at the UJ Esuene Stadium in Calabar.
The Super Eagles captain who is four appearances short of making a century of appearances for the national team said on a radio station on Tuesday that he should have been told before the list was made available to the public.
“I’m disappointed nobody called me before the team list was announced,” Yobo told Brila FM on Tuesday.
“It’s disrespectful. I feel disrespected. I am the captain of the Super Eagles and I thought the coach should have put a call across to me.
“I have no problem being left out,” the 12 year veteran of the national team added.
- Keshi: Why I Dropped Yobo, Uche (247latestnewsupdate.com)
- ’94 Eagles vs present Eagles: Any comparison now? (vanguardngr.com)
- Adenuga showers Eagles with $1m dollars (vanguardngr.com)
- 2014 WORLD CUP QUALIFIER: NIGERIA vs KENYA – KESHI KEEPS STARTING ELEVEN SECRET (laurelikwechegh.wordpress.com)
- Keshi Responds To Press Frenzy Over his views about NFF (konknaijamedia.com)
- Messi breaks another record by completing stunning scoring circle against every La Liga team (3lvo.wordpress.com)
- Messi sets new record, scores against 19 La Liga teams in a row (rewindonnet.wordpress.com)